Karen Hook King is a CPA, CFP® and CDFA™ with an exclusive focus on the financial aspects of family law.
Services to attorneys include:
Tracing and characterization of separate and community property
Texas operates under a community property system which presumes that all property owned during a marriage is community property-unless it is separate property. Separate property is not divisible in divorce, and the burden of proving separate property is on the claimant.
Karen has extensive experience tracing and characterizing separate and community property in conjunction with the preparation of court characterization reports.
Forensic Accounting in Family Law Divorce Cases
Karen’s practice includes analysis, investigation and interpretation of financial and economic information of a forensic nature in divorce cases.
Examples of typical forensic accounting engagements of Karen H. King, CPA’s firm are:
- Accounting for reimbursement claims and/or waste claims
- Attempting to uncover unreported income and/or assets
- Acting in an advisory capacity, guiding an attorney in areas or finance, tax and business practices
Divorce Financial Consulting Services
The extensive financial services Karen provides to attorneys and their clients include, but are not limited to:
- Alimony analysis for compliance with tax regulations on alimony recapture and child contingencies
- Incentive Compensation vesting analysis and valuation for executive compensation plans like stock options and restricted stock
- Analysis of the tax implications of property settlement scenarios
- Analysis of marital assets and liabilities to assist in an optimal division
Collaborative Divorce Financial Neutral
Karen has extensive experience acting as the Financial Neutral Professional facilitating the financial and budgeting aspects of Collaborative Divorces