As a CPA, CFP® and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™, Karen King is a financial expert with more than 30 years of accounting, financial planning, tax and forensic accounting experience. She focuses her practice exclusively on the financial aspects of divorce and family law.
Karen guides divorcing clients in understanding their complete financial picture in order to make informed decisions. She brings an objective, calm and analytical perspective to the financial side of the divorce process.
Services to divorcing clients are customized based upon their needs:
- Provide divorce-related financial advice in all phases of the divorce process.
- Assist in preparation of financial inventory (an analysis of assets and debts).
- Work with client’s attorney to:
- Request important financial information and documents
- Prepare financial information, analyses and exhibits
- Characterize assets and liabilities as community or separate property
- Analyze and value executive benefits such as stock options and restricted stock
- Review tax returns, retirement plans and financial documents for relevant issues
- Prepare solution-oriented divorce property settlement alternatives:
- Offer insight into the pros and cons of proposed settlement options
- Determine tax ramifications
- Evaluate the impact of a settlement offer on your financial future
- Provide on-site analysis and financial recommendations during divorce mediations
- Analyze past spending patterns and project future financial needs